Friday, March 5, 2010

Cherry Bomb

Good morning, I've not had a lot to blog about lately.  Forgive me it's just been a whirlwind week and I've spent most of the week catching up laundry from our trip and just plain exhausted.  I think it took it's toll because I woke up with a scratchy throat and headache.  I'm hoping the dose of airborne I took will take affect soon.  My husband comes home today for good and I was looking forward to a weekend whole week with him!!  He has already applied for one job and has been putting his resume together.  He wants to spend some time just relaxing and we have already planned a little get away to a friends house for spring break.  That's at the end of March.  We have lots of projects to tackle that I have put off till he got home.  First we want to move the laundry room.  I have told you about that.  I know many of you felt strongly about having a main floor laundry room etc.  But I have given it a lot of thought and it just doesn't function well as both for us so he'll be building that for us in the basement.  He's just going to put up a few walls and hide the furnace etc. from the washer and dryer.  More on that later... Then we want to plant some trees and redo the landscaping.  It's almost too much for us.  I think we will scale it back a little bit.  I have big plans for a vegetable garden this year.  Then there is his garage/barn.  This house didn't have exactly what he wanted and although it has a 3 car garage, he wanted a true workshop.  He has dreams to build his own car and redo an old one for my daughter some day.  Well, just like everyone else we can't be sure what the future will hold so for now he is just going to reorganize his garage and wait till he gets a job to build it. 




Now onto a really simple dessert recipe!

Cherry Bomb

I started with a Pampered Chef pan that is a silicone with flowers.  This just made it fancier.  The recipe called for a muffin tin. 

1/2 gallon vanilla icecream
1 dozen chocolate covered cherries (I found mine at the drugstore)
Hershey's syrup or magic Shell chocolate topping
1 jar seedless raspberry jam** see note below
whipping cream


*recipe adapted from Taste of Home spring issue

Start with setting the icecream out of the counter for a few minutes to soften it up a bit. 
Then put icecream in muffin tin with scoop leaving a dent in the middle, fill about 1/2 full to begin with.  Place  chocolate covered cherry then place more icecream on top and smooth out with spatula.  Place back in freezer.  An hour or so later take out and place a dollop of raspberry jam on top then refreeze again.  *I will let you know now mine slid right off so it wasnt' pretty but it still tasted fine.  I just tried to scoop it back on after it was frozen.  Then after the 2nd layer is set use either the syrup or magic shell or both if you really want to be decadent then a dollop of whipped cream.  This is very tasty recipe and easy too!  My company enjoyed it too.



Have a good weekend!  Check out more recipes here!

Carey

5 comments:

  1. You know what works best for you Carey so I'm sure your decision on the laundry room location will be just fine. Good luck with getting it all in.
    Best wishes to your hubby on finding a job that's a perfect fit for him. It's tough these days finding something that is fulfilling and you can enjoy.
    What a yummy looking dessert. I think I gained a pound just looking at it.
    Have a great weekend,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Amy ^ You should do what works best for YOUR family. That dessert looks yummy! Have fun with your hub's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine how excited you are to have your hubby home! I can't wait to see your finished laundry room.

    I am going to send you an e-mail about the company my hubby works for. Your hubby might not have thought about them.

    Have a great weekend and stop by to sign up for my give away. It is on Thursday's post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I am not able to get your e-mail link to work. I am not trying to get into your business, but I know how hard the job market is right now. Chuck works for a defense contractor and if you are interested in additional info leave me a comment with your e-mail address.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you will really be busy! Your home, your life, remember that.

    I so LOVE that photo on your blog header! Just too sweet!
    Martha

    ReplyDelete