Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas!

Welcome to my Christmas Open House!  I love Christmas and I look forward to this time of year more than any other.  I truly love Christmas.  I love making my home warm and cozy looking for all who enter during the holiday season.  I have so many wonderful family memories of Christmas.  When I decorate or do crafts with my kids and bake for the holidays we're making our own memories.  I feel that the true meaning of Christmas is sometimes lost ...the baby in a manager.  What a precious gift!  Take time to spend time with him this season and your heart will be blessed in a wonderful way! 

I'm linking up with The Lettered Cottage, Mantels is the theme.  Go check out all the inspiration over there, really neat. This year I went for a different look than my normal red, green and traditional.  I found myself inspired by white, snowflakes a little more sparkle.  I just love Aunt Ruthie's home Sugar Pie Farmhouse and you'll see some similiarities here if you follow her blog.  I have always loved gingerbread men.  I got a girl this year.  She is so cute!  The theme for this year is RED, WHITE and SNOWFLAKES!



All of my snowflake and candy cane ornaments are from Lowe's (on clearance last year) and Hobby Lobby.  The white pine cone candle holder is from Warm Glow.






close up of our tree
I found the Joy sign at Hobby Lobby, it makes me smile when I walk by it.


This is my sofa table that faces into my kitchen.  I like it here better because you see it when you enter from the side door or the garage. I took a ball jar, milk bottle added a little sparkly snow and placed the candy cane ornaments on top. Then I added some kitchen themed items.  I bought the little peppermint tree at HL last year too.  The round tablecloth was an ebay find.  I've had my red graniteware coffeepot for a long time. 




I hope you found something you liked, I'll be back soon with more pictures of my Santa collection, Kitchen and more!


Have a Merry Christmas,
Carey

8 comments:

  1. Everything is so pretty. I really love the mostly white with a little red vignette on your sofa table. The coffee pot is a beautiful shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your decorating - it's so fresh and cute...I just purchased a white glitter snowflake on a spring from Dan DiPaolo a couple weeks ago and a couple other glittery things...it's really in this year.
    You have a great eye for detail.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Pretty! Love it!!!!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so for commenting on SPFH. It was so nice of you.

    Your blog is adorable! Love the CHRISTmas decor......very pretty!

    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, lovely, lovely! The white is so fresh and pretty :) Great job decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog. I used to decorate primitive, then I changed my style a little bit, but I still love it! Your house looks great!
    Thank you so much for stopping my blog! I love visitors!
    You have a new follower also! I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete