Friday, May 28, 2010

Strawberries Galore!

My little strawberry patch is just flourishing.  I can't believe how much we're getting out of it.  Here's the first few that we got about a week ago.  Two days ago my daughter picked a bucket full, enough to make a pie!  I didn't get a great picture of it but it was yummy.  That's what we ate for dinner last night.  I found a similiar recipe for the pie I made here.    I didn't use any gelatin in mine.  Speaking of recipes a friend of my Aunt's game me some Cook's Country magazine and I was impressed.  They contain zero adds.  It's all about testing recipes and the science of baking and cooking things. Check it out. I think I'm going to try the Diner Style Pie for this weekend. 


We had made plans for the weekend and they have changed to a more laid back weekend.  First thing is my boys game, then a cookout with my inlaws, a movie, a trip to the cemetary to put out flags.  What's your plans for the weekend, do you have any traditions?  Don't forget to honor our present and past veterans who have given up their life so we could have our freedoms.  I think it's so important. 



This picture was taken last year and I'm so grateful I'll be spending time with them this weekend.

Here's some more links to some recipes for strawberries that caught my eye:










These are some of the food blogs I visit on a regular basis and I hope you enjoy them too.  I love making things from their blogs. 

Have a great weekend!

Carey

2 comments:

  1. Morning Carey....your strawberries look wonderfully delicious!
    When I was growing up we had a huge strawberry patch and I still remember the fresh sweet taste compared to purchased berries.
    ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY WEEKENDS
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! I love strawberry pie. Made one for our Mother's Day dinner. I hope you and your family have a great Memorial Day. My daddy was a WWII vet fighting in the Battle Of The Bulge. I salute each and every service man and woman for all they have done and all they do for our country. God Bless them one and all.
    AMY

    ReplyDelete