Monday, September 6, 2010

The Frost is on the Pumpkin...


Hello blogging friends!  I've been working on decorating my house for Fall for a few days now.  I'm looking forward to sitting back and enjoying the season.  I can't wait for hot cider, long walks, changing leaves, baking some yummy pie and attending fall festivals.  How about you?  What are you looking forward to this season? 




I've been inspired by all the blogs I'm reading lately.  I love revisiting my old Fall magazines, it's like when an old friend comes for a visit.  In decorating my home, I look for ways to get inspired or be creative each season. I get new ideas from checking out shop displays.  Sometimes it might be the way it's all arranged.  It could be a simple twist on an old thing that really gets my attention.  Then other times I fall in love with one particular thing or vignette in the display that usually comes home with me.  This weekend I spent some time at an outdoor show, checked out one of my favorite places in my town, WarmGlow candles and went to a Fall festival.  The show was nice I picked up some pumpkins and corn stalks and that got the ball rolling for my outdoor decor.  The festival was disappointing but I did come home with a crow.  Imagine that?  LOL!  Warmglow was pretty inspiring too, I'll show you my goodies from that later. 





Look what I added to my table



Among the Trees are Apples and Leaves!
love my runner


My DS found some giant punkin's


Farmer's Pike Festival
my kiddos




I'll be back soon with some projects and Fall decorating!

Carey

3 comments:

  1. I'm so looking forward to a little bit cooler weather. I'm not ready for COLD, but cooler would be just perfect. I'm also looking forward to some of our local farms opening up their corn mazes, hay rides, and fall festivals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to the leaves turning as well as the smell of leaves burning. Our lone pumpkin plant is rapidly expanding and has several pumpkins on it with more blooms everday! The kids love to go out and pick their own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pumpkins on your background! Cute! I live in FL so we look forward to cold fronts. It never stays cold for long so we enjoy it when we can and pretend it's fall!

    ReplyDelete