Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mantle Project and More Fall decorating

Good morning, I hope you are all cooling off and feeling more fall like in your area.  I'm loving the weather in Indiana lately! When I attended the Country Living Fair this last weekend I found some galvanized buckets that I had been looking for.  I was inspired by Aunt Ruthie's Mantle.  I sort of combined a few of her looks here.  I bought some raffia and burlap ribbon at Jo Ann's.  My son and I gathered some twigs outside (free!) I love that.  They wanted 7.99 for some at the craft store. I spent a little over 20 dollars on everything.  I still have a ton of raffia left too.  So here is the new look...









 top of my pie safe dough bowl

my dining room table


cute lil' cinnamon pumpkins


the upstairs mantle





I have a few more pictures to share I've been having issues with pictures the loading the last few days.  I have some new recipes and a trip to the apple orchard to share. 

Have a blessed day!

Carey

9 comments:

  1. ok...gonna try for a 2nd time to post this..lol! I love what you have done with the buckets...so simple yet so prim looking. Your mantle looks awesome with them!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carey your mantle looks awesome....except for one thing.....that little crow with the dangling mini pumpkins needs to come to my house!! LOL

    All of your pictures look wonderful!
    Don't you love the (FREE) stuff!!

    thanks for inspiring!

    hugs~~~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv ur mantle especially the white pumpkin with the stars! I also brought some of the maple syrup buckets at the CL fair and used chalk board paint on them....I luv them: )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both your mantels! I have a collection
    of white pitchers, that I will have to post,
    some time..I have to say that I love the one
    with the crows the best! Love your decorating!
    Thanks for the compliment and for stopping by.
    I have a lot more to do...

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mantle display! I just posted photos of my mantle on my blog ~ www.abushelandapeck-frugalfanny.blogspot.com

    I invite you to check them out and become a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same as Brenda ~ trying for the 2nd time to post! Great mantle display! I just posted photos of my mantle on my blog ~
    www.abushelandapeck-frugalfanny.blogspot.com
    I invite you to take a peek and become a follower!

    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very chic--makes me wish I had a mantle.....
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mantle display! I just posted photos of my mantle on my blog ~

    www.abushelandapeck-frugalfanny.blogspot.com

    I invite you to take a peek and become a follower!

    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete