Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Americana Home part 1

Good evening I thought I'd share a little of what I did last week to the house.  I generally like to have my Americana things up for a whole month or more.  It was time to take down the spring things and celebrate all things summer!  For me this is more like adding to what I have up year round.  Geranuims, flags, bunting, ribbon, ornaments all play their part. I like to enjoy it at least until my birthday which is the last day in July by the way!  My hubby and I are also working on a flag pole for the front yard.  I told him it was flag day soon and he just chuckled.  I am so excited about having a big fourth celebration at our home this year!

Here's some pics:
Let's start at the front door...



View of coffee table, the candle is a B & BW summer melon it smells delicious!





Entryway
In this area I just added a little flag print homespun and the graniteware bowl with flag inside.





I changed out my Fall picture for the colonial gameboard.   The game board is a little shorter than the picture so I had to play with scale here.  I found the old glory tall tin to add height to the display.  Whatcha think? Does it work?  I'll keep fussing with it I'm like most of you.

Be back soon with more pics!

Carey

6 comments:

  1. What fab displays! I love the gameboard and liberty blocks so much! Great job but it's fun to keep fussin'!lol!
    Have a great day!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I need to decorate! Thanks
    for the inspiration... :)

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really nice so far Carey. I don't do very much seasonal decorating so I will just look at yours. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look great Carey.. very festive, patriotic, AND summery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ABSOLUTELY WORKS!
    Everything is very festive and I just love Americana....thanks for the tour.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so like you, put something somewhere and fuss with it and move it 50 million times before I am happy. Who even notices? I think you did excellent with the tall tin to balance out the space, looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete