Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Americana Kitchen and Dining Room



Hello! Hope you're having a nice week so far.  I thought I would put up the rest of the pictures I took of my house.  I am really happy with the way my stovetop looks.  In the dining room I just added my goose, some ribbon and rearranged some of my things.  That's one thing I recommend doing on a regular basis.  Change can be refreshing and good.



For summer I brought out my gernaniums, prim strawberries, fly screen then added some patriotic ticking the farmstand candle is from last year.  I put a smaller candle inside it and it smells so yummy!  It's this one from Bath and Body works, they're having a sale right not so I have stocked up!  I like the summer melon, lemon and the orange sapphire the best.



Hoosier Cabinet
I added some red, white, blue berries star garland on top.  I also put an americana shade on my light.  Then I brought out my stars, eagle, Uncle Sam cookie cutters.





This is the top of my old pie safe.  I added the flicker candle, put in some more of the ticking then placed the aged copy of the Declaration next to it.



my year round tree with Patriotic ornies




 Thanks so much for stopping by I really appreciate all the comments that you leave me.  I know it's not always possible to comment on everyone's blog you visit.  It really makes my day and puts a smile on my face.  I'll be back soon with some recipes.  Have a great day!

Carey

9 comments:

  1. You're all decked out for summer! Everything looks lovely, Carey.

    So fun catching up with your last few posts... Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great displays for the summer! I may have to check out those candles! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your patriotic decorating! I am
    a big fan of the red/white/blue!

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks wonderful!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you hoosier, and all your festive Americana touches! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all look fantastic..I love Americana anything..Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I have that Farm stand candle! I haven't used it in a while, I think it's strawberry rhubarb.. or something like that. Everything looks so nice Carey. You do a wonderful job making your home look so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carey, I just love your Americana decorating....what a gorgeous goose!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete