Saturday, June 26, 2010

Home and Garden Tour









Today was my hometown's garden and kitchen tour.  I got to see six different homes plus two kitchens.  It was really neat to see each property and what the owners did to make it their home.  I had a such nice time talking and visiting with a few of them.  I took a lot of pictures so I'll share some now and some more later on.  I hope you're having a great summer so far.  We're busy finishing up ball and planning our 4th of July get together.  I'm very excited about entertaining for family and friends. 


This was a view from the back of the lot of the first home.  The owners were a sweet older couple who used to own a nursery at one time.  She told me if we ever moved again to save cuttings and use them in my new place because plants are so costly.  The man told me that the entire back lot by these trees were waist high weeds. 



This was the second home.  I just loved this house.  It was a historic brick home and they have redone it inside and out.  I love this barn out in the back.



the sideyard


This is the front view of the home.  See the bed on the side, it's a swing.  Very neat!  Just makes you wanna curl up and read a book or take a nap.





This was the third home that was behind one of the historic arch homes.  I just love all the rich history of my hometown.  It's so neat.  Growing up I didn't really appreciate it all that much but, now that I'm older and have lived all over I have grown to love it.




This was the second home that was also an historic arch home.  I so wanted to take a peak at her kitchen.  I could see into her windows that she liked prims and I overheard her saying she loved the early 1800's.  She had a primitive light fixture and some crocks and jars lining her window sill.


She had the most beautiful hydrangeas!




I loved all of her signs the most.



Here's a view of the archway home from the street.  If you're interested in their history you can learn more here.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment