Thursday, June 18, 2009

Farmchicks and decorating question

Today I found myself totally inspired by these ladies The Farmchicks. I just ordered their book from amazon and can't wait to get it.



I think I'll order some of these cute recipe cards, how cute!

I'm totally stealing this idea for a backyard barbecue or entertaining.


This is my mom's cookie jar. I inherited it along with a few other things. I have never liked it because it doesn't go with my kitchen. All that said my mom would keep cookies in it for my DH and it has a lot of sentimental value. It's made of ceramic and the fruit pictures don't appear to lift off. Any ideas for how I could give this a make-over or repaint it? I really don't want to get rid of it for sentimental reasons plus it does a great job with the cookies. Leave me a comment and let me know if you have any ideas.

Also, I am doing a 4th of July give away later so stay tuned and I will be posting about it soon!

Have a great weekend!

Carey

5 comments:

  1. I would get in touch with Susie at Yankee Lane Primitives about her labels that you could put on over top of the fruit, I'm sure she would work with you about it:) Anyway that's what I would do:)
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up on the site. I'll have to check it out. I second Rondell's response on Susie's labels. You could just paint the cookie jar out and add a label and it would definitely look more like what you want.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was gonna give the same idea as Rondell!!;0) Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the farm chicks. Gotta love junk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My idea was the same as Rondells but I would prim it up first before I put the label on. Thanks for the link.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete