Monday, August 24, 2009

Make-Over Monday


Here's the before



Good afternoon ladies, I've been a bad blogger lately. Between getting ready for the move and my kids starting school I just haven't been doing a lot of blogging lately. Naturally, I'm still checking our your blogs! LOL! I've gotten super excited about the move. We went to Lowes this weekend and checked out some paint samples and I came home with a crazy number of them. Decisions are hard to make. My mums are blooming and Fall is in the air. I can hardly wait to get moved and unpacked so I can decorate. I think my first spot will be on my mantles and above my kitchen cabinets. I know some people are going to think I'm crazy but decorating for this season is my absolute favorite so unpacking other things probably won't be as high a priority. LOL!



When I laid them out they covered my entire table.




I actually finished a sign that I wanted to put in my new kitchen but I wasn't happy with how it came out. I think I need to get some stencils. I'm going to try sanding it a bit and maybe putting some chalkboard paint on it. We'll see.





I finished my bread box and I like how it turned out. I painted it Vintage White and used a light stain over top of it.





Here's how it looks on my counter.
I'll be back with a few more things to share soon. I need to put one more coat of paint on my pineapple and I'll show you what I did with my paper towel holder too.
Have a great day ladies!
Carey























4 comments:

  1. Love how that breadbox came out!! They need to only make about 20 paint samples, then it wouldn't be such a tough choice...lol!!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the breadbox! Hope you were able to find a color :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your breadbox looks fantastic! what do you use chalkboard paint for? other than on walls for chalkboard LOL

    ReplyDelete